The ACC serves individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). We believe that by addressing the needs of the whole family, we best serve the individual with autism.
About the ACC
In alignment with our mission and vision statements, the ACC strives to provide services to as many community members as possible. Our location near major highways US-23 and I-94 is tremendously beneficial and allows families from Washtenaw, Monroe, Wayne, Livingston, and Lenawee counties to access services. Further, the ACC is located on EMU’s campus making it easily accessible to students that are seeking practicum experience in their related field of study.
In coordination with the State of Michigan and Eastern Michigan University, the ACC has completed significant upgrades to our facility. These upgrades include remodeling for additional treatment space, technology improvements, and high-quality instructional materials. Upgraded technology supports service provision via telehealth to all areas of Michigan. It is designed to allow for intensive client and staff supervision, family coaching, and teaching EMU students.
While utilizing an interdisciplinary model, the Autism Collaborative Center will provide superior, evidenced-based therapeutic services to children and supports for their families. This collaborative is founded on the values of respect, hope, excellence in teaching and learning, and social justice in the community.
Changing lives through education, integrity, and professionalism.
In living our mission we are committed to the following values:
- Hope: We embrace a perspective of hope and maximum potential in a strength-based, person centered model of services.
- Continuous Improvement: We are committed to ongoing evaluation and accountability for the quality of staff, services, and partnerships.
- Family Focus: We involve family in shared decision making throughout the continuum of services, and we support fully informed choices. We strive to make our services accessible regardless of a family’s ability to pay.
- Collaboration: We demonstrate a commitment to collaboration and coordination with stakeholders community-wide through participatory decision-making and leadership. We will foster a state-wide alliance in our collaborative efforts.
- Excellence in Teaching and Learning: We will provide the highest standard of teaching and learning based on sound theoretical principles, evidence-based information, and best practices, as well as emerging practices. We will provide our students-in-training with in-depth, multidisciplinary educational and clinical experiences.